Camp Fire partners with the Texas Agricultural Extension Agency to conduct Earth Camp at all Kids Club program sites each summer. This program teaches our program participants about treasuring and respecting the environment.
Earth Camp sessions are as follows:
- The Life of Bees – The importance of Bees and insect pollinators to our environment. Youth will learn about their care and the correct way to interact with our insect neighbors.
- Water Cycle- We will follow a water drop through the water table and learn the importance of water conservation.
- Social Behavior- Youth learn how we should act in public and proper ways to interact with our friends and family, plus Social Edicts.
- Nutrition- Youth learn that good nutrition can be fun and tasty.
- Chickens and Our Farmer Friends- Youth learn the importance of our farmers and the hard work they do to keep us fed.