Self-confidence and responsibility are what Camp Fire’s Self-Reliance courses are all about. Exciting programs teach young people how to:
- Handle threats to their safety and security,
- Take care of themselves in different situations, and
- Provide service to their communities.
All Self-Reliance courses are led by trained instructors using national curricula. These courses are among the fastest growing Camp Fire programs and include:
- I’m Safe and Sure: This course is for kindergarten and first grade children and teaches self-help skills, home and personal safety and family responsibility.
- I Can Do It!: This course is for second and third grade children and teaches how to eat and select nutritious food, handle unsafe situations away from home and fire, bicycle and weather safety.
- I’m Peer-Proof!: This course is for fourth through sixth grade youth and teaches how to resist negative peer pressure and maintain positive friendships.